One for the trickier dinner party guests that sadly always seems to miss out! This chocolate Torte is soooooo good! It caters to pretty much every diet and is super quick – we’re talking under 20 mins to throw together and get into the fridge to set.
It is bubbly, rich, creamy and packs a real chocolate punch for those needing a sweet fix. Even if you’re not Vegan i’m telling you it is amazing you would never know it is made using non-dairy products, so try this out and I guarantee it wont disappoint!
- 350ml Plant Based Double Cream (I use Elmlea Vegan and it tastes amazing!)
- 1 Tbsp. Caster Sugar
- 500 grams Dark Chocolate (Lindt Excellence 70% and over are Vegan friendly)
- 100ml Coconut Milk/Almond Milk/Hazlenut Milk (whatever you prefer)
- 500 grams Vegan Digestive Biscuits (I used Mcvities Vegan friendly ones)
- 5 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 100 grams Dark Chocolate, broken into pieces (Lindt Excellence 70% and over are Vegan friendly)
You will need a 10-inch loose bottom Tart Tin. Rub a little Coconut Oil around the Tart Tin to grease it. Next make the Biscuit Base so either smash up the Biscuits or place them in a food processor and blitz them for a few minutes until large crumbs. Place the Biscuits in a saucepan on a low heat along with the Coconut Oil and the Dark Chocolate. Once it is all melted pour it into the Tart Tin and press it all down over the base and up the sides to build a case to pour the Ganache filling into. Place it in the fridge and leave to cool for 30 minutes.
Next make the Ganache Filling so in a large bowl break up all the Dark Chocolate into small pieces and set aside. Then in a Saucepan add the Plant Based Cream along with the Sugar and bring to a gentle boil. Pour the boiled Plant Based Cream over the broken up Dark Chocolate and gently mix until it is all melted. Slowly pour in the Coconut milk a little at a time and mixing until all combined.
Pour the Ganache filling into a large Jug and then once the Biscuit Base is cooled you can remove from the fridge and pour the Ganache filling into the prepared Biscuit Base. Put it in the fridge to chill for at least 3 hours.
Once the filling has set you can remove it from the Tin by releasing the bottom and placing it on your chosen serving plate. Then cover just over one half of it with all your favourite Summer Berries – it’s nice to cut the Strawberries in different ways. Allow it to come to room temperature before serving!
- You can check this by moving the Tin around and seeing if the filling moves
- You can make this non-Vegan if you prefer, just use regular Double Cream and instead of using Coconut Oil in the base substitute this for 100 grams Butter