I know it’s the ultimate millennial snack but I have to say I’ve been converted. Creamy guacamole (see my recipe for the most insanely tasty guacamole around) with feta, sunblush tomatoes and chilli.
Smashed Avocado & Feta Sunrise
- 2 ripe Avocados
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 whole Lemon
- 1 tsp Crushed Chilli Flakes
- 2-3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Sea Salt Flakes
- Black Pepper
- 100 grams Feta
- Sunblush Tomatoes
- Fresh Bread
Scrape out the Avocado flesh into your serving bowl.
Peel & grate the Garlic and add this onto the Avocado.
Squeeze the juice from the whole Lemon on top along with 2 tbsp Olive Oil and the Chilli Flakes.
Smash up the Avocado mixture with a fork until it all comes together.
Season with Sea Salt & Black Pepper & add a final drizzle of Olive Oil. You Avocado smash is now ready.
Roughly chop up the Feta into smallish chunks.
Choose what bread you are using – it can be any kind, but whatever you choose make sure you lightly toast it.
Once the bread is toasted, you’re ready to assemble. Smear the Avocado smash over your toasted bread and then top with crumbled Feta & as many Sunblush Tomatoes as you wish!
Serve with a final drizzle of Olive Oil, a Squeeze of Lemon and a sprinkle of Chilli Flakes.
- Make sure your Avocados are ripe (they need to be soft or this won’t work)
- When you smash your Avocados up it doesn’t need to all be perfectly smooth – it is nice to have a few chunks in there, but just make sure the majority is smashed. A fork is ideal for doing this and still keeping some texture to it.
- You can choose to add either Sunblush Tomatoes or Fresh Tomatoes it really is your choice, but I just prefer the intensity of the Sunblush ones.
- This dish is also great with Poached Eggs on top for more of a Protein Packed breakfast!
Meet the Author
My name is Georgie and I LOVE all things food. It marks most occasions and life events in some way for me – family celebrations where a bake off will almost certainly be on the cards, travelling the world to seek out culinary sensational overloads, a night out being wined & dined or just being in my kitchen; my favourite place at home and working those creative muscles.Learn more