Cooling Garlicy Yoghurt Dip
For someone that cooks as much with chilli as I do, this dip is an essential! It goes great with any spicy, meat based dish to help take the edge off but can also replace sour cream in many of its usecases too.
Super simple, super delicious and I guarantee it will be a go to side dish staple once you try it!
- ½ tub Greek Yoghurt (enough to fill a cereal bowl!)
- 1 whole Lemon
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 – 3 tbsp Olive Oil or Rapeseed Oil
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 handful of Fresh herbs (Mint, Coriander or Flat Leaf Parsley)
Pour yoghurt into your serving bowl.
Grate garlic cloves into the yoghurt and squeeze the lemon juice on top.
Add in 2 tbsp Olive Oil/Rapeseed Oil & mix well.
Season with Sea Salt & Pepper & mix.
Drizzle another tbsp of Olive Oil/Rapeseed Oil over the top.
- I recommend you grate the garlic as opposed to chop or crush it as you want the garlic really fine so it blends seamlessly into the yoghurt.
- I like to mix it up and depending on what I am serving this with I choose either lemon or lime juice. For most dishes I use lemon juice, but if this is to go alongside a Mexican dish I will switch out the lemon for lime juice.
- Fresh herbs are lovely in this for both colour and flavour. If I am using this alongside Indian dishes I will go for Coriander as it really compliments the spice blends used in most Indian dishes. When I am using this for Moroccan I will add in Mint – it gives a lovely cooling flavour and tastes amazing with spicy Tagines. Sometimes I like to just serve this dip with a Mezze platter for warm breads/pitta to dip into – for these I stick to Flat Leaf Parsley.
- Whatever herbs you choose make sure they are fresh and you want to use a good handful of them roughly chopped.
- This dip provides cooling relief to any spicy Mexican, Moroccan, Indian dishes! Which means you can be brave with adding heat to your meals with this fail-safe cooling dip if you can’t stand the heat!!
Meet the Author
My name is Georgie and I LOVE all things food. It marks most occasions and life events in some way for me – family celebrations where a bake off will almost certainly be on the cards, travelling the world to seek out culinary sensational overloads, a night out being wined & dined or just being in my kitchen; my favourite place at home and working those creative muscles.Learn more
Leave a Reply